Monday, December 10, 2012

Lily Turns One!

I first met Lily when she was in her mommy's belly.  I photographed her mom and dad before she graced the world with her presence.  It has already been an entire year since the first time I photographed her family.  I was so excited to finally meet Lily's bright and shining light and photograph her on her first birthday.

Lily is perhaps the happiest and most open-hearted baby I have ever known.  Her smile stretches from ear to ear among her rosy red cheeks {and button nose}.  She is so very curious {and independent, as her mom pointed out}... constantly moving on to the next fascinating stimuli within reach.

The baby girl with tutu and pearls is a concept I have been wanting to create since before I began my photography business.  I have pitched the idea to clients in the past but no one was really interested.  I had pretty much resigned the idea for someday when I had my own baby girl.  But then Lily came along and little did I know this moment was years in the making.  My patience in waiting was well worth it because I was graced with the most perfectly adorable, baby girl.  She was everything I had envisioned for this shoot {pink, chubby, wide-eyed, exuberant, darling, radiant}.  The universe works in mysterious ways.

Lily, thank you for sharing your endless smiles and laughter with me.  It was such a pleasure to photograph you on your first birthday.  Happy Birthday!
To Lily's mommy, Sarah~ Thank you for sharing your most wonderful bundle of joy with me.  She is a shining light in this world!









No comments:

Post a Comment