Friday, December 7, 2012

A chance to meet again...


A couple years ago I did some photography for Edible Reno~Tahoe Magazine.  My focus was, of course, the kid-centric articles about gardening and sustainability {like classroom gardening and worm composting}.  It was a great experience working with a local magazine and photographing some incredible children and organizations along the way.  

At one shoot in particular, I met this little boy.  He was very shy and nervous but also very curious.  He still is, although it's refreshing to see that he has become a fun and silly boy too.  It was a nice surprise to hear from his mother again, with her kind comments of how well I photographed her son despite his timid nature.  She asked me to do some photographs of her for her business portfolio and some of her son as well.  I suggested we do a few of the two of them together and I am so glad I did because these moments I captured are so precious.  Not many mothers have portraits with their children at this stage in life.  I feel so lucky to have been a part of documenting these memories.  My only hope is that these photographs will be cherished for a lifetime.





1 comment:

  1. How fun! You captured his personality - hesitant but with a real impish gleam in his eye. Great portraits like these will be a treasure for this mom to share when he is a young man off on his own. I love how you approach your work.

    ReplyDelete